JESSIE AIMS TO RAISE $10,000 FROM HER HALF MARATHON
Please generously sponsor her!
$3,735 raised so far...
When Jessie met the cat we had rescued from a life of extreme hardship, she and Archie fell in love. To read about Archie’s rescue, recovery and happy ending, please click here.
As a tribute to her beautiful feline companion, Jessie competed in the Half Marathon in Rotorua this month. She confesses that she was “no runner” at the time, so this arduous 21km undertaking was an act of sacrifice, love and big-heartedness.
Jessie's marathon is our major fundraising event for 2013, so please join her in her vision to raise $10,000 for Animal Re-homing.
Thank you for your support of Jessie, for promoting her passionate goal on your websites, Facebook and other social media pages - and for forwarding the links to your friends, families and work colleagues. We know animal-lovers will come forward to make all the hard work worthwhile for this young woman who remembered her beloved Archie with each step of her gruelling training sessions.
We are very proud of Jessie for throwing herself into an action that was so unnatural to her basic nature. We hope and trust you will support her, and the animals we are able to rescue, through your bountiful sponsorship.
Jessie completed the challenge in 2 hours and 47 minutes. With burning feet and an aching body, thoughts of Archie spurred her on when she thought she had no energy left. Huge congratulations Jessie! You have done us, Archie and yourself proud...
The donations we have so far received through Jessie have already enabled three of the animals under our umbrella to have surgery. We have others waiting in line. Thank you so much for making this possible and being for being part of Jessie's vision!
- To sponsor Jessie’s run by credit card and for more information, please click here
- Online or counter payments to Linda Nunn, Animal Re-homing.
ASB Account number: 12 3042 0208233 01
- Cheque payments to Linda Nunn, Animal Re-homing, PO BOX 35-298, Browns Bay, Auckland 0753
(NOTE: This major fundraising event will close on 31 December 2013)
PLEASE BUY OUR BOOKS
1) DONATE: Be a crucial part of our happy endings. Thank you so much.
Click here for payment options
2) BOOKS: Pack Rat Stew & Other Tales (Detail below)
- Books are just $15 each including p&p within NZ
- Buy 5 copies or more at only $10 per book Including p&p within NZ
- Post cheques payable to Linda Nunn, Animal Re-homing to:
PO BOX 35-298
Please include your name and postal address. Thank you so much.
- Or transfer online to Linda Nunn, Animal Re-homing. ASB Account number: 12 3042 0208233 01
Please reference your payment “BOOK” followed by your name. Then send us an e-mail with your postal details. Thank you so much.
PACK RAT STEW & OTHER TALES by NZ author Don Batley
The 32 pages of quirky, rhyming animal stories in this A4 sized paperback book will appeal to all age groups, including young-at-heart adults.
The beautiful coloured illustrations of Chris Schipper will delight even the youngest of children.
Pack Rat Stew will be a wonderful gift for the kids in your life or for libraries, schools and kindergartens. Please spread the word.
This special book was written and donated by Kiwi author Don Batley (pictured). He dedicated it to his much-loved friend Bandit the cat. Don has been actively supporting our work with animals in strife since early 2006 when he adopted five piglets from us who are happily living out their natural lifespans on his property. Thank you Don – we appreciate you so much!
Don is unlikely to produce a re-run of his book, so this is your last chance to get copies. Pack Rat Stew is available at this price only while our stock lasts. They will make great Christmas stocking fillers. Please order today!
We are hoping our supporters will buy the books in groups of 5 or more to quickly raise the urgently needed funds and to save us postage & packaging costs. However, we welcome orders for smaller numbers too.
To see pictures of some of our current shelter animals enjoying Pack Rat Stew, please click here.
NOTE: Special thanks to Karen Wheeler at S.G. Digital Ltd in Auckland for donating enough Animal Re-homing business cards for inclusion with each book.
Thank you so much to each of you for making donations and participating in our fundraising campaigns. Your help is life-saving and enables us to continue our work.
Offer to foster animals and to socialise stray and timid cats
Please let us know if you are in a position to foster, tame and/or help timid animals gain confidence prior to their adoptions. They will usually be cats and dogs; although it’s possible some grazing animals may require temporary shelter too. Please let us know what your preference and experience has been with all creatures’ great and small up until now.
Offer to collect and transport animals around the North Island for us
Are there people out there who are willing to sensitively transport animals and related paraphernalia to new or foster homes around Auckland and throughout the North Island? Sometimes you may deliver a mouse or a frog, or at other times, pigs, sheep or peacocks. There may also be food, cages and medicine, etc to transport. You would need to provide your own vehicle. We would deeply appreciate your voluntary assistance in this area.
Read and distribute our information
- Join our Mailing List
- Forward our e-mail newsletters to like-minded people
- Include our link on your website
Donate these items from our Wish List
- Late model Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (Preferably 4WD for rural rescues & deliveries)
- Wooden floors for the downstairs shelter
- Housework services, chicken coop cleaning, car washing, etc
- Cat carry cages
- Sacks of pure white Purrfit Crystal kitty litter
- Pet electric blankets of varying sizes
- Whelping mats with non-slip backing
- Polar fleece and other warm bedding for cats and dogs (not fur, wool or sheepskin)
- SPCA cat traps
- Custom made cat and dog beds
- Wind & waterproof dog kennels
- Chew toys for puppies and young dogs
- Kongs and other dog toys/stimulants of various sizes
- Dog collars and leads
- Specific birthing, kitten and cat live-in enclosures of varying sizes
- Cat holding cages for kittens, for sick cats and recovering animals, for foster caregivers, for transporting
- Printer colour cartridges (Brother MFC-9120CN)
- Printer paper and draft copy printer paper
- Envelopes and stamps (or prepaid envelopes)
- Petrol vouchers for endless transportation costs around the North Island
- Help with water and telephone bills – toll and mobile phone calls throughout NZ
- Sponsor an animal’s vet care (or part of the cost)
- Sponsor the cost of a professional dog coach/animal behaviourist
- Offer to pay the release fee to rescue a pound dog ($195)